Tuesday, January 29, 2013

RSS


Really Simple Syndication (RSS) could not have been more appropriately named.  Once again, my technological ignorance smacks me in the face.  Prior to this chapter, I had no idea such a thing even existed.  Technology seems so advanced that tools come out before I even realize I have a need for them.

Just as Richardson indicated, using Google Reader was very easy, I haven't subscribed to anything yet because I am so indecisive that I'm not sure what to pick.  Limitations on time is a very real issue for me so I really want to be sure that what I pick is extremely useful as I haven't yet mastered the 21st century skill of scanning information effectively.  Luckily, there are ways of organizing the information that filters in using folders similar to how an inbox would be organized.  Never again will I miss important important information!  Six Stories Up gives an easy overview of how and why to use Google Reader and RSS feeds; it even has an explanation of usage for marketing.  
I am excited that it will make using student blogs easier and more time efficient.  I will be able to check their posts in one central location instead of clicking endlessly by using RSSmix.com to plug into different feeds.  

Resources
Richardson, W. (2010). Blogs, wikis, podcasts, and other powerful web tools for classrooms. (3rd ed.). Corwin Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment