Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Diigo Library






My Diigo Account








While posting a link to my Diigo library, I decided to take a second look at the tutorial.  I remembered hearing that you could tag and highlight webpages on Diigo but now that I have a little more experience, it was much more helpful.  Watching it actually being done made it that much more appealing so I decided to try it.  I hadn't realized that could take screen shots or that you could highlight certain parts of text or draw arrows or save screenshots of pages that possibly may nor work in the future.  I had recently seen an app that also saves the URL for screen shots but I'm not sure if Diigo does that as well.  

The screen shot feature is as easy as it says it is for the entire screen.  It took me a second to figure out how to take a partial shot and add the drawing to it but I discovered it by accident by playing with it.  I wanted to open a link to a lesson plan but then I lost my ability to take a screen shot.  I was hoping to save the lesson plan for future reference but I was not successful that way.   However, the tool is very helpful especially for the upcoming research classes we will be engaged in.  

I'm not sure if my students are at that of level of sophistication yet but I wanted to incorporate more research or collection of information so I may use it yet.  It would definitely help them in the future.  It is difficult for them to learn the language and content simultaneously so it would help them have references to go back to later. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this video, thanks for sharing. I'm going to put it on my blog because it's super useful!

    ReplyDelete